Wednesday, August 22, 2012

My Own Corner

    I have been working on a space that I can call my own. A quiet place (as if that isn't everywhere in the desert) that I can use for work. I had brought some flat rocks that I collected at Robert Jenkins house when the Colorado was running low and decided these would be the base for my zen garden.

 
 
     
        I placed a small bird bath in the middle; one that I could fill with less than a gallon of water. So far it seems that the honey bees carry away most of the water by the end of the day. The rest of the water disappears as I watch birds dive in and fly away again.
        There has been some changes since this picture was taken so I will have to update it when the garden is complete. I have added several cactus that I placed in what I call the relocation program. Basically, any cactus that must be moved due to work being done in the yard.
       I plan on adding a bench and some type of wall to the area but I have not decided yet if it will be made of rock or wood. It started out as a five foot circle guarded on three sides by yuccas but it has now expanded to an area of about a quarter acre. Much larger than I had originally needed but when plants must be moved and can still be saved, why not!

No comments:

Post a Comment