Thursday, August 9, 2012

Better Weather

     After just a week of living at our new property we found that we had moved at the perfect time. It was the start of the rainy season in the Chihuahuan desert! The storms and rain brought cool weather. We are used to triple digit temperatures. Rain in Bastrop has been rare in the past few years. I think I have seen more rainbows, since we moved to the desert, than I have seen in my entire life. We have seen over twenty in the past month. The rain is a welcome site. We put up a rain water collection system and in two days we caught 450 gallons of rain water.





    There are many things that live in the desert that I never would have imagined to find there. Right after a rain the desert comes to life with a million dragon flies, turtles, and turantulas... along with other things.
      Rain is always welcome but on a highway with a speed limit of 80 miles per hour it can be very dangerous. We drove into Van Horn and along the way we saw two cars that had hydro-planed. We also saw an accident involving 18 wheelers. This is a thing that, I have discovered, are seen often. So be careful out there.


No comments:

Post a Comment