Monday, November 5, 2012

Working on The Bucket List.... 6 Man Football

     Since Virginia and Bruce have moved out here, close to us, we have asked them to create their own bucket list. Bruce already had one of his own that he had not shared but we decided that we would start to do the things on our list that they also wanted to do.
     I have been working for the newspaper for a few months now so I have reported on several 6 man football games. Bruce had always wanted to see one of these games so last Friday night we decided to take them. I have been waiting to mark it off on my bucket list until they could come along for one of the games.
     Sierra Blanca had to play Grand Falls Royalty which is top in state for 6 man football. Grand Falls won the game but at least Sierra Blanca scored on them. Most teams can't say they did that. (I think only 3 schools have scored on them.) It was a good example of 6 man because it allowed people to see how the game is played and rules that aren't always used such as the game ending once a 45 point lead is reached.
      Bruce liked the game. He thought the rules were different and the game play was very different but I am glad that we all went together. I worked during the game but Stephen told his parents who some of the players were and explained some of the game play to them. Between plays I updated them on other information that Stephen didn't know. I think they got a good understanding of the game and enjoyed the cool evening as well.
   

     

No comments:

Post a Comment