Thursday, June 27, 2013

Work and Travel

   We have become very busy with bow orders to Whales, Russia, and Argentina among other orders in the United States. We have also added several staff members.... See some of their pictures below...
    We did manage to get away on a short fishing trip to Elephant Butte. This was before the wildfires got started in New Mexico. Poor people there, it breaks my heart that all the beautiful land there is being destroyed. We went fishing but I am the only one that caught anything. We took Bruce and Virginia to the Farm and Ranch Museum as well. They really seemed to like that. We took a witching class and learned to witch for water. We also got a crystal that can be used to find water in another way. We learned that every other country in the world believes that witching is a true science, all countries but the U.S. I also got to do some wine tasting and bought a nice bottle to bring back with me.It was a relaxing time and Bruce enjoyed himself even though he got pretty worn out afterward.
     We have run into several snakes on our property which has has been extended by purchasing another 20 acres. A few were poisonous so we did away with them but others were just big babies that were after the birds in the bird sanctuary.
     It has been raining a lot and washed a huge hole in our drive twice but it's not as bad as others. Kit Bramlett lost track of the road when he thought there was just a ten foot wide flooded area. He drove into it and his truck dropped off into a huge washout. They came in and took him by horseback to his brother's home. They have been working on the roads non-stop all week. We have had 4 inches of rain in the last few weeks. I am actually going to be getting a certified scale to measure rainfall more accurately. I believe this rainfall has set the wildlife to roaming. We have had tarantulas all over our yard and even on our porch. Horny toads are also out and about. We have had some hail as well which has sent wildlife running for cover. I am keeping weather updates online at www.facebook.com/sierrablancaweather
     This weekend is our 4th of July Celebration. I have been busy making jewelry. My friend Ann is going to help me to run the booth so I can also cover the event for the paper. I think it will be a lot of fun.































     

No comments:

Post a Comment